Even if you have a small and narrow backyard, you can still make room for a swimming pool. Lap pools, or long narrow pools designed for rhythmic strokes, are your answer. Their flexible design allows you to have more options than any other types.
Pool experts at Latham share a few ideas and tips on designing a lap pool.
Lap Pool Dimension
While the ideal size for a lap pool is 75 feet long and six feet wide, you can still have a pool that can be as little as 30 feet with a width that can vary depending on your needs. The depth, meanwhile, should be between four to five feet. If the pool is only for aesthetic purposes, the dimension may range from five to six meters long by two meters wide. You can also have a lap pool that is 15 meters longs with one to three lanes.
Lap Pool Design
For a more traditional look, you can choose the look of a lap lane. If you find this a little inflexible, you can try other shapes that can fit in your backyard. Choose an L-shaped pool if you want to add extra area for recreational swimming. If you’re planning to use the pool for laps and recreation, you can create sloping slide to have a slightly shallow end. Lap pools can also be tailored to suit the space available and accommodate external pool steps and other pool features.
Lap Pool Alternatives
While there are a few high-end lap pools that are over a normal budget, there are also plenty of examples that are affordable than traditional pools. Aboveground portable lap pools can be installed at a fraction of a cost of many other pools. Swim spas or self-contained pools that use current to stimulate swimming lap offer an affordable alternative to a full pool, which can be installed in limited space.
When building a lap pool, take the time to discuss your preference with a reliable pool builder. Think about the main use of your pool to make a decision on its size and dimension.more info
To fully recover after an injury, many people think it’s better to stay immobile and avoid strain. This may be true, but physiologists will often ask you to move according to set exercises for therapy sessions. These activities are often part of a treatment program to help the affected body go back to its prime condition.
How Exercise Helps to Heal
Making muscles strong again is one of the effects of exercise. This enables to support the injured part, which helps them absorb shock and reduce stress. There are different types of targeted exercises you might have to do. An exercise physiologist will recommend conditioning movements that will fit your therapy needs.
Townsville has reliable specialists who can determine how to speed up recovery with proper exercise. Visit medical facilities, such as A & I Physio Rehab Clinic for an examination of your injury. They can also provide advice on other activities and diet to speed up a patient’s recovery. For your part, you may check out resources like Exercise & Sports Science Australia and WebMD to learn more about this treatment.
It’s Time to Consider Your Options
Consult with a trustworthy physiology clinic in Townsville to get started on exercising as soon as possible. A healthcare provider with a background in therapy and a fully-equipped facility will be the right choice.more info
Your annual physical check-ups should be more than a quick a medical exam and a “See you next year, Doc.” It’s your chance to build and strengthen an important partnership with your GP, as well as to assess your current health.
Say you live in London and your annual check-up is nearing, think of it as not just something you have to go through. Instead, look at it as a two-part process. First, it’s an exam, and second, it’s a discussion with your private GP in Harley Street to get a thorough understanding of your health.
Here are some must-ask questions that should help you gain insight on your health:
- “Are all my signs normal or within accepted limits?” Ask your local private general practitioners about your BMI, heart and lung conditions.
- “Is my health better, worse, or the same since my last check-up?
- “What are the best ways I can maintain or improve my health or condition?”
- “Given my family’s medical history, am I at a higher risk for certain illnesses?”
- “Are there alarming findings I need to know?”
- “Should I see a specialist for any reason?”
- “Am I in good condition for my age?”
Make the most of your next doctor’s visit by asking these and other important questions, and by getting to know everything you can about your current health.more info
When building your dream home, there will undoubtedly be many things to prepare to make it a reality. While there are experts to help you, the hard work shouldn’t only come from them. Make the planning process easier by following this guide:
- Hire the Right Professionals – Hire new home builders in Townsville or wherever you plan to build, and consult them regarding your plans. Homebuilders know if the floor plan you want for your dream home is feasible and workable. If not, they can recommend other plans that’ll go with your plot of land.
- Find Inspiration – Instead of describing what you want, it’s better to give your homebuilders visual reference. Create an inspiration board and get images from real estate and interior design magazines or websites. This way, they can build the correct floor plan and design.
- Stick with Your Decision – Once you’ve made up your mind, don’t change plans unless necessary. If you see a new design and think that it’s better than your original plan, you might have to start from scratch again.
You can finish planning the things needed for your dream home quickly if you make an effort and work closely with reliable home builders in Townsville or elsewhere. Follow this guide, so you can start the building process as soon as possible.more info
For men, hip exercises are a fundamental activity, especially as you get older. Exercising your hips and other muscles regularly is among the most efficient ways to stay healthy and live longer.
To keep your hips strong and healthy, do a combination of aerobic and strength training exercises, similar to Torq classes.
Rhythmic in nature, these exercises include any activity that uses large muscle groups, and which you can maintain continuously. Examples of hip and leg-focused aerobic exercises for men are walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, stair climbing, or jumping rope.
Strength training exercises include:
- V Up
This exercise works the hip and core muscles. To do a V up, lie flat on your back on the floor, while raising your legs and hands into the air until they meet in the middle. Lower your legs and hands back down, and then repeat.
- Air Bike
This exercise is quite similar to V up, as it works the hip muscles and starts by lying flat on the back on the floor. After lying on the floor, place your hands behind your head, bend your legs, and then pedal as if you’re cycling. “Pedal” and then rest for 30 seconds alternately.
Do a combination of aerobic and strength training exercises to keep your hips strong and healthy. These exercises may just protect your joints and keep arthritis away from your hips.more info
While sleep is a perfectly natural human function, many people have difficulty getting enough of it. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), insufficient sleep is a public health epidemic. It contributes to depression, unattractiveness, skin, aging, and even weight gain.
Learn how to achieve a good night’s rest with the following tips:
- Set a comfortable room temperature with proper ventilation. A room that is too hot or cold can interfere with your quality of sleep.
- Keep the noise down in your household. If you can’t avoid or eliminate the noise, mask it by playing soothing sounds. You can also purchase a special sound machine or use earplugs to minimize the noise volume.
- Your bed should have enough room to stretch and turn comfortably. If you usually wake up with a sore back or aching neck, purchase a new mattress or try a different type of pillow. Try a firmer mattress or an adjustable bed to promote comfortable sleep.
- When you’re about to sleep, always make sure the room is dark. Use heavy curtains or shades to block lights from the window or use a sleep mask to cover your eyes.
The key to having a good night’s sleep is using strategies that work best for you. Follow these tips and try out different sleep promotion techniques to help you discover the best option for your own good night rest.more info
Filling is an important dental procedure that may be painful and costly. This dental procedure, however, isn’t full proof, and may often fall out from eating certain food that jostle them out. In some instances, a patient may not even realize that they’ve lost it, and may have swallowed it.
When you’ve lost a filling, here are some steps a local family dentist in Bountiful, Utah would recommend:
Remove the Filling
If you realized you lost a filling and haven’t swallowed it, remove it from your mouth immediately to avoid doing so.
Call a Dentist
Call a local family dental clinic, like Doctor Adrian as soon as you lose your filling. Set a new appointment as soon as possible to replace it.
If you just got the filling or had it replaced recently, ask the dentist who did it for a free replacement, especially if it’s an issue with the bonding process.
Keep the Tooth Clean
If you fail to have a dentist refill your tooth immediately, keep your tooth clean. The exposed cavity may worsen, or feel extremely sensitive.
Brush the tooth carefully, and make sure to remove any food debris to prevent harmful bacteria from accumulating in the cavity.
Even though losing a filling isn’t a major dental emergency, you still shouldn’t ignore it. Follow these guidelines and visit a family dental clinic in Bountiful as soon as possible to avoid a more serious dental problem.more info
Packaging has come a long way indeed, from its roots of water canteens out of animal hide to today’s military-grade labelling. But this field wouldn’t be where it is right now if not for the dilemmas it faced in the past decades. Let’s take a look at the challenges of packaging from years ago and how the world coped to reach today’s efficient handling of goods.
It wasn’t until World War II that the world realized how important packaging is. It was a time when packaging was a matter of life and death, as a mishandled ration would mean no food for the soldier. The same goes with weapons, which is why they had to develop packages that can survive the transport.
Soon during the Gulf War, the problems were about identifying the delivered items. This caused wrong delivery on many occasions, calling for multiple orders that wasted precious resources.
Over time, the military grew more concerned about tracking the item before, during, and after the delivery. This marked the entrance of military-grade UID tags, different labels, and other technical specs to ensure efficient package delivery. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention. The need for efficient delivery and handling of military supplies transformed the world of packaging, and thanks to the problems they encountered along the way, we all enjoy orderly deliveries despite the thorough processes.more info
Travelling is among the best ways to go on an adventure with the family. It can start with a trip to your favourite city, all the way to seeing famous sights around the world. Typically, accommodation is always the main concern. Many families can’t afford staying in hotels for too long, so they cut their travel time.
Considerably lengthier trips are challenging, so you need to take note of these before leaving:
Instead of booking a costly hotel room, renting a short-term accommodation unit is advisable. It feels just like home because you’ll have your own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and dining area. This way, you don’t have to buy food or pay for room service every night.
Pack the essentials and avoid unnecessary weight. Toiletries like shampoo, soap, and toothpaste are available in accommodations for free or for a small price. Use an even-sized backpack or luggage to maximise space. Buy a packing cube to separate laundered clothes and those that are dirty.
Don’t be a walking calculator counting and converting your cash. Have a specific amount for the day and indulge in all the things you want without going over that budget. This way, you won’t feel bad about paying because you won’t always think of the expenses.
Be sure to prepare before deciding on your next adventure. Most apartments and short-term accommodations need advanced bookings. Plan the trip with your family thoroughly.more info
According to a study conducted at the University of Colorado, inclined trainer fitness equipment increases muscle activity and improves workout productivity. Researchers looked at its effects on the hamstrings, glutes, quads and calves, and it showed significant results even with just a three-degree inclination.
Here are some reasons to buy an inclined trainer:
1. Running or walking on an inclined trainer uses more energy compared to a treadmill on surface level. The higher the incline, the more calories you’ll burn. Make sure to maintain proper posture and avoid leaning back for effective results.
2. Incline trainers increase muscle activity, especially in the leg muscles. It gives you the feeling of climbing up a hill, so you’ll exert more effort in running or walking. It’s also a good cardiovascular workout since you don’t have to increase the speed to get better results.
3. Lower impact workouts minimize the risk of injury to the knees, hips, back, and ankles. Incline trainers stretch the calves to its limit, so continuous routines can help you get long, lean calf muscles.
4. Incline trainers improve alertness when running or walking since you’re at risk of falling. Compared to a surface-level treadmill, your concentration increases because you don’t want to get injured.
By upping the intensity of your workout, you lose more calories and achieve fitness goals faster. This is why buying fitness equipment like incline trainers is beneficial.