For adults who need new teeth in Manchester, dental implants are a powerful and long-lasting solution. They will restore a patient’s ability to bite and chew food, bringing back their natural enjoyment in eating, and they have many advantages over removable dentures. At contemporary dental practices, like Smylife in Manchester, dental implants can be used to replace whole sets of teeth after many years of deterioration, or single teeth knocked out in sporting injuries. Patients are given natural-looking replacements that remain in the mouth permanently, integrating with the jawbone to provide effective dental function.
A personalised process
It can take several months for the patient to go through the implant process. Firstly, there’s a consultation at the dental practice, where the patient will discuss their oral health condition and history with the dental team. A detailed assessment will be made to ensure the patient has a healthy enough mouth, and sufficient jawbone density, to receive the implants. Images of the teeth will be taken, and a precise treatment plan created.
In a minor surgical procedure, the dentist will place small titanium posts into the patient’s jawbone. After a period of healing, the new teeth will be attached to these posts.
A brighter future
People who have dental implants in Manchester enjoy several long-term oral health advantages:
- The implants become integrated with the jawbone, making a strong and stable base for the replacement teeth;
- The new teeth are easy to keep clean, making good oral hygiene easier to achieve, and there’s no risk of the teeth sliding out of the mouth during mealtimes;
- Certain words and phrases can be easier to pronounce;
- The patient will retain the underlying firmness of their face’s bone structure, avoiding the deterioration that can happen when teeth are not replaced;
- With improved appearance and dental function, the patient can begin to feel better about themselves overall.
A better outlook
For patients in Manchester, dental implants offer a long-term improvement in future oral health. This will have a positive effect on a person’s overall health as well. Dental implants will continue to provide these benefits for many decades, providing they are properly cared for.